Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Channelling The Far Side


The Naughty or Nice challenge blog is having a design team call! As a Snarky Stamper already, I think this would be a perfect addition to my current resumé. The theme this week is "Give Thanks", and of course I went more to the naughty than nice end of the spectrum...



I decided to pay homage to Gary Larson and the style of his Far Side cartoons. I stamped a turkey feather on every vaguely fall-coloured patterned paper in my scrap basket, thinking I'd have lots to to choose from, but then decided to just go ahead and put them all on. Fred's body is water coloured with distress markers. I made up the sentiment all by myself. "Fred" comes from my teaching days -- that was my go-to when I would blank on a student's name. 
With all these autumn colours (and all the tiny scraps!), I am also adding this to the current Shopping Our Stash challenge, "It's the Most Colourful Time of the Year". Fred is nothing if not fall-colourful. Oh, and it's an "Anything Goes" week at Paper Smooches SPARKS


           



Supplies: white, SU naturals ivory & Bazzill Basics textured brown cardstock, Strathmore multimedia paper, many assorted patterned paper scraps, Paper Smooches Jive Turkey stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, distress markers

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Hahaha... this is sooo funny!!! Love his technicolour feathers too :0) Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

OH EM GEE! This is far too awesome & funny! And FRED! We've adopted George as our go-to name, lol. The sentiment is fab, and that PAPER PIECING!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor Fred!!!!
He he he he
Love the card Missus!
Thanks for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for the "Most Colourful Time of the Year" challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, perfect sentiment and very cute patterned feathers.
Heather

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh what a fabulous and funny card; i LOVE the way you paperpieced fred's feathers... surely no one could invite such a handsome turkey to t-giving as the entree, lol! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (colorful!) STASH with us this week! :)

Chris Dring said...

BUAHAHAHAHA! I love this!! Love Fred's colorful plumage - all that fussy cutting! GAH! Your snarky sentiment definitely does Gary Larson proud!
Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! How FUN is this!! =) I LOVE your Design and the home made sentiment!! THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with the PSS Challenge and have a Fabulous Week!! =)